PHOTO TOUR TO SOUTHERN SPAIN, GIBRALTAR, AND MOROCCO
Come with author, historian, and photographer Derek Hayes on this super Photo Holiday to Spain and Africa
Visiting all the photographically interesting parts of southern Spain, plus Gibraltar, and Tangiers, Morocco.
Spain is full of photogenic landscapes and interesting villages and cities, having been colonized in the past by both the Romans and the Moors. This holiday has been organized specifically for photographers, whether advanced or beginner. Lots of advice will be available but only if you want it!
Dates: 28 March - 9 April 2014.
Now Full for 2014. Sign up now for Spring 2015 trip!
This is an all-in tour. It includes return air fare from Vancouver BC to Malaga, Spain and private touring coach, with guide. The bus will stop for photos wherever requested (traffic etc., permitting). Freed of the need to find your way or worry about traffic you will be able to concentrate on your photography and are sure to return with stunning imagery!
We will be based for 6 days in the picturesque village of Vejer de Frontera, near Cadiz, staying in a hotel right in the hilltop vllage.
In our tour bus we will also visit and photograph
- the 11th century fortress at Jerez de Frontera and the port of Santa Maria
- Cadiz, a busy port city with a long history
- the ancient Roman town of Baelo Claudia, and Tarifa
- the rock of Gibraltar, with its Barbary macaque monkeys and long British heritage
- Seville, with its stunning cathedral, also staying in Seville 2 nights
- Tangiers, Morocco, via ferry, with a bus tour of the city and camel rides, and lots of time to photograph the old town and local market
- Granada and the famous Alhambra, perhaps one of the most photogenic buildings on Earth. We will stay in Granada 2 nights
- Cordoba, Medina Azahara
- Madrid (1 night) (There is an option for additional time in Madrid before flying home.)
Tour cost: $3899 (Cdn). Includes airfare, accommodation in carefully selected quality hotels (based on double occupancy, double or two single beds available), two meals per day, all transportation, 9 guided tours with English-speaking guides, all admissions, with priority entrance. Not included: airport taxes (expected to be about $600), and insurance (optional). $300 deposit required on sign-up, with balance 10 weeks before departure. Single supplement $300. There is an option to use points for flight only portion if desired.
Travel is arranged by Silkway Travel Inc., of Vancouver and the tour details by
Canada Spanish Language Institute (in business 30 years). These are high quality, experienced, and dependable travel experts
For further details contact Derek Hayes at email@example.com or 604-541-7850.